Earlier this month we learned that FoMoCo was selling its 5.0L 4-valve Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) V8 engine to enthusiasts and tuners that wanted to drop the Mustang GT engine in another vehicle.
FoMoCo has now added the 2011 Mustang GT500 Supercharged 5.4L V8 engine to the list as well. The engine is good for producing 550-hp at 6,200 rpm and 510 lb-ft of torque at 4,250 rpm.
The 717 pound engine sells with a price tag of $20,999. Check out the engine here at Ford Racing.
Click here for more news on the Ford Shelby GT500.
Refresher: Power for the 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 comes from a new aluminum-block 5.4L supercharged V8 making 550-hp and 510 lb-ft of torque. The new engine results in a better power-to-weight ratio, improved fuel-economy, acceleration, handling and steering precision. For 2011, the Shelby GT500 gets an EPA-rated fuel-economy of 23/15 mpg (city/highway). Prices start at $48,645 for the 2011 Ford Shelby GT500 coupe and $53,645 for the convertible.
2011 Ford Shelby GT500:
- 550 hp @ 6200 RPM, 510 lb-ft of torque @ 4250 RPM
- Original equipment in the 2011 Mustang SVT
- Aluminum block with Plasma Transferred Wire Arc (PTWA) cylinder liner coating
- Perfect crate engine for a high-end street rod or Mustang “retro-mod” project.
- Fully dressed including accessories and supercharger
- Does not include vehicle wiring or Powertrain Control Module
- Works with stock 2011 Mustang SVT engine wiring harness or M-6017-A54SC controls pack
- Shipping weight 717lbs
– By: Omar Rana
Source: Ford Racing