Hunters, fishermen, campers and boaters can now rejoice because there is a new pickup model designed just for them. Meet the new Ram Outdoorsman – available as a package, the model that features standard trailer-towing upgrades, interior and exterior lighting enhancements, all-terrain tires, and rugged exterior appearance.
“We asked Ram Truck customers — boaters, campers, fishing enthusiasts and hunters — what features would they like to see in a truck,” said Fred Diaz, President and CEO ““ Ram Truck Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “They answered “˜more capability, more room for my gear and ready to hit the trail. And make it affordable.”
Ram said that Ram Heavy Duty owner demographics show a passion for the outdoors, 47 percent hunt, 57 percent fresh water fish, 33 percent salt water fish, 37 percent own power boats and 37 percent tow camping trailers. Overall 62 percent of full-size pickups truck owners hunt, fish or camp, Chrysler said in a statement.
Ram Outdoorsman is available in 1500, 2500 HD and 3500 HD single rear wheel, Regular Cab; Quad Cab, Crew Cab and Mega Cab; four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive; and short- and long-wheelbase models. The package will replace the TRX4 trim level in the 2011 Ram Truck lineup. Prices for the Ram Outdoorsman model start at $28,350 with sales to begin in the third quarter of 2010.
2011 Ram Outdoorsman:
Ram Truck Brand Announces New “Outdoorsman” Model
- New Ram Outdoorsman designed for hunters, fishermen, campers and boaters
- Features standard trailer-towing upgrades, interior and exterior lighting enhancements, all-terrain tires, and rugged exterior appearance
- Mopar adds “RamBox Holster” fishing rod and gun rack accessory for RamBox-equipped Ram trucks
August 12, 2010 , La Porte, Ind.
The Ram Truck Brand today announced a new feature package designed for North American outdoor enthusiasts: Ram Outdoorsman.
Ram Outdoorsman takes all of the features most useful to hunters, fishermen, campers and boaters, and packages them into one model. Outdoorsman combines convenience, off-road capability and trailer towing hardware in one package with a name that will resonate among its intended users.
Ram Heavy Duty owner demographics illustrate a passion for the outdoors: 47 percent hunt, 57 percent fresh water fish, 33 percent salt water fish, 36 percent own power boats and 37 percent tow camping trailers. Overall, 62 percent of fullsize pickup truck owners hunt, fish or camp.
Ram Truck engineers ““ many of whom count hunting, fishing, boating and camping among their hobbies ““ brought together features that they felt would best meet the practical needs of owners who will frequently use their Ram truck for towing or long, remote trips.
Standard trailer-towing upgrades, interior and exterior convenience, lighting enhancements, all-terrain tires and underbody protection are combined with a rugged exterior appearance to highlight the new Ram Outdoorsman.
Ram Truck officials unveiled the rugged new model at the Professional Outdoor Media Association”s (POMA) fifth annual national business conference.
Ram Outdoorsman is available in 1500 (half-ton), 2500 HD (3/4-ton) and 3500 HD single rear wheel (1 ton), Regular Cab; Quad Cab, Crew Cab and Mega Cab; four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive; and short- and long-wheelbase models.
Outdoorsman will replace the TRX4 trim level in the 2011 Ram Truck lineup. It will join the other Ram trim levels, which include: ST, SLT, Big Horn / Lone Star, Sport (1500 only) Laramie and Power Wagon (2500 only).
Prices for Ram Outdoorsman models start at $28,350, including destination charge.
Ram Outdoorsman models will go on sale third quarter 2010. A multi-tiered marketing strategy will support the new model”s launch.
Ram Outdoorsman Features
- Standard Class IV receiver hitch properly equips Outdoorsman for towing campers, boats, ATVs and other trailers rated to vehicle”s max
- Available integrated trailer brake controller with driver adjustability and easy-to-see instrument panel readout
- Trailer brake controller is standard on 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duties
- Standard lighted four- and seven-pin harness plugs — a Ram exclusive — offer multi-trailer adaptability and clean, above-the-bumper covered access any time of the day or night
- Heavy-duty cooling, including a mechanical-electrical fan and transmission cooler, for larger loads
- Limited-slip differential for improved off-road and towing performance
- Available trailer-tow mirrors
- Trailer-tow mirrors are optional on 2500 and standard on 3500
- Available rear backup camera eases trailer hookups
- Standard trailer-sway control improves towing confidence (Ram 1500 only)
- Standard 17-inch wheels and “LT” tires: light-truck-rated tires handle bigger loads and offer stronger sidewalls to resist punctures when driving over sharp, rocky terrain; on/off-road tread pattern provides traction on all highway and trail surfaces (LT275/70R17C OWL on Ram 1500 models; LT265/70R17E on Ram HD models)
- Full-sized spare tire provides more security and functionality than restricted-use spare in the event of a flat
- Tow hooks for retrieving disabled or immobile vehicles, clearing trails
- Mud / slush mats protect front and rear carpets from dirt and moisture
- 32-gallon fuel tank for extended operating range on Ram 1500 models
- 34-gallon standard on 6’4″ box and 35-gallon tank standard with 8′ box on 2500 and 3500 models
- Premium cloth front seats with a choice of buckets or a 40/20/40 split bench
- Front center seat cushion or console storage help organize gear
- Power 10-way driver seat for comfort on long trips
- Power lumbar adjust for additional long-trip comfort
- Rear 60 / 40 split folding seat for more flexibility in hauling passengers and cargo
- Remote start and security group adds alarm system and convenience of a comfortable cabin after a day in the field or on the water
- Standard front suspension skid plates on 4×4 models provide protection from off-road damage (Ram 1500 models)
- Standard transfer case skid plate on 4×4 models
- Additional lighting including:
- Standard fog lights for improved inclement weather illumination
- Quad halogen headlamps provide maximum visibility in remote areas
- Ash tray lamp illuminates small items in center console
- Exterior mirrors with courtesy lamps provide visibility outside truck”s cabin
- Glove box lamp
- Rear dome lamp with on-off switch
- Sun visors with illuminated vanity mirrors
- Underhood lamp
- Dash-mounted 115-volt auxiliary power outlet to charge batteries and electronic devices without the need for special DC car chargers
- Auto-dimming, power heated foldaway exterior mirrors with supplemental signals clear fog and ice
- Leather wrapped steering wheel with fingertip audio controls reduces driving distractions
- Overhead console with universal garage door opener, which can also be programmed to open multiple garage doors and electric gates
- Rear view auto-dim mirror
- Rear sliding windows on regular cab models
- Two-tone paint with Mineral Gray lower
- Scratch-resistant steel bumpers
- Black door handles minimize glare
- Wheel lip moldings
- Outdoorsman badge proudly announces owner”s passion
- RamBox, available on the Ram 1500, is the ultimate place for outdoor enthusiasts to stow their gear; lockable and lit, RamBox frees up interior space for passengers
Mopar RamBox Holster
Ram officials also unveiled a new factory-designed fishing rod and gun rack option for RamBox-equipped Ram 1500 trucks.
The Mopar RamBox Holster is designed to fit within the Ram”s two unique locked, lighted and sealed exterior storage bins.
The Mopar RamBox Holster gently, yet securely cradles two rifles or shotguns, or can be rotated 90 degrees to hold up to six fishing rods.
RamBox Holster will have a manufacturer”s suggested retail price of $205, and be available at Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge and Ram dealers when it goes on sale in the fourth quarter of 2010. The feature will also be available on the Mopar eStore at www.MOPAR.com.
RamBox Holster Features
- Designed to be easily installed and removed from RamBox
- Securely holds two guns, either shotguns or rifles (with scopes), or six fishing rods (with reels)
- Guns are held securely in place with elastic retention straps and flexible ribs
- Fishing rods are held in place by uniquely tooled slots and retention flaps
- RamBox Holster easily transfers from gun holder to fishing rod and reel holder by rotating stanchions
- Stanchions may be relocated to accommodate various length guns and rods
- Fits either side RamBox (driver or passenger)
- Mopar Part Number — 82212359
About the Ram Truck Brand
With a work-hard, play-hard attitude, the Ram Truck brand offers the boldest, most powerful and capable pickup truck lineup on the planet.
Introduced in 2008, the Ram 1500 is a game changer in terms of its ability to “outsmart” and “out-tough” the competition with its bold exterior design, crafted and refined interior, engineering excellence, superb innovation and best-in-class features and amenities.
The Ram Truck brand added to its award-winning truck lineup with the introduction of an all-new 2010 Ram 2500 and 3500 Heavy Duty trucks, Motor Trend’s Truck of the Year. The new heavy-duty trucks provide customers with first-time innovations and features along with new standards of strength, utility and driveability, building on the Ram’s leadership in the heavy-duty pickup segment.
The Ram Truck brand will further enhance its commercial vehicle presence with the introduction of a “new crew” of commercial-grade work trucks: the new 2011 Ram 3500, 4500 and 5500 Chassis Cabs. Led by an all-new crew cab, the new 2011 Ram Chassis Cabs are built on a proven frame and chassis, and engineered for maximum uptime, optimum performance and enhanced commercial capability.
Follow Ram and Chrysler Group LLC news and video on:
Chrysler Connect blog: http://blog.chryslergroupllc.com
Ram Trucks: http://www.ramtrucks.com
Ram Zone blog: http://www.ramzone.com
About the Mopar Brand
Mopar distributes approximately 280,000 parts and accessories in more than 90 countries and is the source for all original equipment parts for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Car and Ram Truck vehicles. Mopar parts are unique in that they are engineered with the same teams that create factory-authorized vehicle specifications for Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge Car and Ram Truck vehicles ““ a direct connection that no other aftermarket parts company can provide.
More than 70 Years of Mopar
When Chrysler bought Dodge in 1928, the need for a dedicated parts manufacturer, supplier and distribution system to support the growing enterprise led to the formation of the Chrysler Motor Parts Corporation (CMPC) in 1929.
Mopar (a simple contraction of the words MOtor and PARts) was trademarked for a line of antifreeze products in 1937. It also was widely used as a moniker for the CMPC. The Mopar brand made its mark in the 1960s ““ the muscle car era. The Chrysler Corporation built race-ready Dodge and Plymouth “package cars” equipped with special high-performance parts. Mopar carried a line of “special parts” for super stock drag racers and developed its racing parts division called Mopar Performance Parts to enhance speed and handling for both road and racing use.
– By: Omar Rana