The most significant launch for Chrysler this year is the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee. The first TV ad spot made such a huge impact with consumers that Chrysler decided to throw up a giant image of the new 2011 Grand Cherokee on the front of its Auburn Hills headquarters.
“The Jeep Brand and the entire company are very proud of the all-new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO ““ Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “This building wrap represents the long-hours, determination and commitment given by our employees to make the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee a world-class vehicle. “˜The things we make, make us,” is our way of stating that American craftsmanship, quality and personal pride exists.”
The building wrap will be seen by approximately 200,000 drivers and passengers along Interstate-75 in Auburn Hills, Mich., each day.
Building Wrap Facts
- The Jeep Grand Cherokee is approximately 103 feet long and 52 feet tall
- The iconic seven-slot grille is 25 feet wide and 9 feet tall
- Headlamps are 18 feet wide and 5 feet tall
- Side mirror is 12 feet wide and 6 feet tall
- Door handles are 7 feet wide and 3 feet tall
- Tow hook is 5 feet round
- Tires are 29 feet wide and 29 feet tall
- The building wrap covers 11 floors of the 15-floor Headquarter”s tower
- It took three days to place the wrap on the tower
Refresher: The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee will go on sale next month and will be available 3 models: Laredo, Limited and Overland. The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4Ã—2 model starts at $30,995, while the 4Ã—4 Grand Cherokee Laredo model starts at $32,995. Prices for the 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited 4Ã—4 start at $39,995, while the Overland 4Ã—4 model start at $42,995. All models will be powered by a 3.6L Pentastar V6 unit making 290-hp delivering up to 23 mpg and over 500 miles on one tank of gas. Optional features include a 360-hp 5.7L V8 and a Trailer Tow Group.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee:
– By: Omar Rana