Lincoln is doing its best to compete with other luxury automakers. After announcing its plans to kill Mercury and allocate resources to Lincoln to expand the brand, FoMoCo announced today that it is offering free scheduled maintenance for customers who buy or lease a 2010 or 2011 Lincoln model this summer.
“Our commitment is to further grow the Lincoln brand and offer our luxury customers the premium experience they deserve and expect,” said Ken Czubay, Ford Motor Company’s vice president of U.S. Marketing, Sales and Service. “Our free scheduled maintenance offer marks only the first step in our plans to further upgrade the Lincoln experience.”
The program, which starts today and runs through September 7, covers oil changes, inspections, tire rotations, engine belts and hoses for three years or 45,000 miles, which ever comes first.
Click through for more details in the press release.
Review: 2010 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost:
All Photos Copyright © 2009 Omar Rana ““ egmCarTech.
LINCOLN OFFERS CUSTOMERS free scheduled maintenance on NEW vehicles PURCHASED THIS SUMMER
* Lincoln to cover all scheduled maintenance for three years or 45,000 miles for all customers who purchase or lease a new Lincoln between today and Sept. 7
* Free scheduled maintenance Lincoln program includes all oil changes, tire rotations, routine inspections as well as the replacement of wear items including wiper blades and brake linings
* Lincoln continues to gain traction: Lincoln cracked the top 10 among all brands in the new J.D. Power and Associates Initial Quality Study; U.S. sales are up by 11 percent year-to-date
DEARBORN, Mich., June 18, 2010 ““ Two weeks after revealing plans to expand the Lincoln brand and enhance the customer experience, the company today announced it would provide free scheduled maintenance for customers who purchase or lease new 2010 or 2011 Lincoln vehicles this summer.
Lincoln’s U.S. customer program, which begins today and runs through Sept. 7, covers oil changes, tire rotations, vehicle inspections, engine belts and hoses for three years or 45,000 miles as well as wear items, including brake pads and wiper blades*, which normally are not covered by a vehicle warranty.
The road ahead
Lincoln will expand its brand lineup with seven all-new or significantly refreshed vehicles in the next four years as part of an aggressive growth plan focused on standout product design, class-leading technology and new powertrains ““ all aimed at competing with Cadillac and Lexus in North America.
Lincoln will be led by expanded product development and marketing, sales and service teams to support the brand’s growth plan and ensure it has a strong cadence of distinct products that are well positioned in the market. Plans for Lincoln include:
* Lincoln’s first-ever C-segment vehicle
* New Lincoln-exclusive powertrains, including an all-new V-6 engine and advanced fuel-efficient transmissions
* EcoBoost™ engines available in all Lincolns ““ from the Navigator full-size SUV to the new C-segment Lincoln
* Fuel economy leadership with each new vehicle ““ leading to Lincoln emerging as the most fuel-efficient luxury lineup on the market
* More useful technology and features than any other competitor ““ with a special focus on comfort and convenience. New advanced features include: fully retractable glass roofs; adaptive computer-controlled suspensions; electronic, push-button gear-selectors; active noise control; and exclusive MyLincoln Touch™ driver connect technology
Lincoln’s hallmarks will be refined, modern design, the most fuel-efficient premium powertrains and industry-leading technology that create a unique driver experience both in the cabin and on the road.
The future of Lincoln is building from a strong base that includes the all-new flagship MKS large sedan, the all-new MKT seven-passenger crossover and a significantly refreshed MKZ mid-size sedan ““ all now in showrooms.
The hybrid version of the MKZ will reach showrooms later this year and has been EPA-certified as the most fuel-efficient luxury sedan on the market, delivering 41 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway.
Also arriving in dealerships later this year is the significantly refreshed 2011 MKX crossover, the first vehicle to feature MyLincoln Touch driver connect technology.
The aim is to deliver each new Lincoln with segment-leading quality.
On Thursday, J.D. Power and Associates released its 2010 Initial Quality Study that showed Lincoln moved into the top 10 among all automotive brands in the U.S. Lincoln moved to the eighth position, up from the 26th spot a year ago ““ the largest jump of any brand.
The J.D. Power and Associates 2010 Initial Quality Study is based on responses from more than 82,000 new 2010 model-year vehicle owners after they have driven their new vehicles for three months. It measures problems per 100 vehicles and was based on November through February registrations.
Earlier this year, Lincoln placed second behind Porsche in the 2010 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study, ahead of several luxury brands, including Lexus, Mercedes, Acura and Cadillac. This study examines long-term durability of vehicles sold in the U.S.
– By: Omar Rana