- Key Competitors: Buick LaCrosse, Lexus ES350, Infiniti G37 sedan… doesn’t really matter because they don’t offer hybrid versions.
- Power: 156-hp 2.5L 4-cylinder combined to electric-motor; net output equals 191-hp/136 lb-ft.
- Transmission: Electronic Continuously Variable Transmission (eCVT).
- Performance: 0-60 mph in around 9 seconds.
- Availability: Late 2010.
- Pricing: TBA.
FoMoCo is all about comparing the new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid to the Lexus HS 25oh. Here are just a couple of things Ford made sure to point out that are better in the MKZ Hybrid when compared to the Lexus HS 250h:
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid”s projected fuel economy tops its nearest competitor ““ the 2010 Lexus HS 250h ““ by 6 mpg.
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid can cruise up to 47 mph in pure electric mode – Lexus HS 250h battery-only mode allows just 25 mph.
- Lincoln MKZ Hybrid comes standard with features and technologies that are either not offered on the Lexus HS 250h or are available only at an extra cost.
- Lexus HS 250h prices start at $34,650 – Lincoln MKZ Hybrid starts at… well, we’ll have to wait and see if the the MKZ Hybrid wins here as well.
Follow the jump for more high-res shots.
2010 New York: 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid:
All Photos Copyright © 2010 Roman Bronfenbrener ““ egmCarTech.
2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid:
– By: Omar Rana