In his first public comment on the massive recall surrounding Toyota, President and CEO Akio Toyoda apologized to his customers for causing them so much worry.
“I am deeply sorry,” said Toyoda in a brief interview with the Japanese network NHK. Toyoda was seen leaving the interview in a black Audi.
“Truly we think of our customers as a priority and we guarantee their safety,” Toyoda said. He said that he could not answer questions about the recall because the company “was still investigating” the issue.
According to Toyota’s supplier CTS, the companies are awaiting a federal government approval of a redesigned accelerator pedal that is currently being developed.
The recall is now estimated to involve at least nine million cars and trucks.
Here are some highlights on the new surrounding Toyota’s Pedal Recall:
- Toyota suspends sales of 8 models related to sticking accelerator recall
- The effects of Toyota”s sticking accelerator pedal recall
- GM offers incentives to Toyota and Lexus owners facing recall headaches
- Toyota recalls another 1.1 million vehicles for sticking pedal issue
- Toyota”s pedal supplier has a fix, says it has nothing to do with sticking accelerator
- Hertz, Avis and Enterprise suspend rental of Toyotas affected by recalls
- Congress to hold hearings on Toyota recalls in Feb. 25
- By: Omar Rana
Source: ABC News