- Key Competitors: MINI E, BMW ActiveE.
- Power: 82kW (111-hp) electric-motor.
- Performance: 0-62 mph in 10.5 seconds.
- Total Range/Charge Time: 93 miles / 8 hours (230V).
- Production: No mass production planned, 50 units to be built for testing.
Today in Detroit, the next-version electric Volvo C30 concept was introduced at the 2010 North American International Auto Show. The Swedish automaker, which will be sold to Geely later this year, plans on producing 50 units, which will be used in real-time traffic starting in 2011.
The program will run the 50 unit test-fleet for two-years to study how consumers use the vehicle.
“Our test-fleet data will be valuable in Volvo Cars” development of electric cars. It will also provide crucial input for the infrastructure planners and help define which services are needed to make rechargeable cars the most attractive choice in the future,” says Lennart Stegland, Director of Volvo Cars Special Vehicles.
The program is sponsored by the Swedish Energy Agency with a SEK 150 million funding.
2010 Detroit: Volvo C30 BEV:
All Photos Copyright © 2010 Stephen Calogera ““ egmCarTech.
Volvo C30 BEV:
– By: Stephen Calogera