- Key Competitors: Nothing as of yet.
- Power: Synchronous electric-motor – 170-hp / 184 lb-ft.
- Performance: 0-37 mph 4.5 seconds; 0-62 mph 9 seconds; top speed 90 mph.
- Total Range/Charge Time: 100 miles / 4.5 hours.
- Production: Nothing planned.
Joining the MINI E, the BMW Concept ActiveE is the latest edition to BMW’s Project i and MegaCity program. As you can see, it is based on the BMW 1-Series Coupe with the power train replaced by a 170-hp electric-motor. BMW has said nothing about production plans for the Concept ActiveE but says that the goal is to test “the use of electric drive for everyday purposes in a vehicle which offers the driving pleasure which is characteristic of BMW automobile.”
Besides the design and technology, we really like the overall blue illuminated trim on the ActiveE.
You know the drill – click through for the live high-res image gallery.
BMW Concept ActiveE:
– By: Stephen Calogera