- Key Competitors: Audi TT, Mercedes-Benz SLK, Nissan 370Z Roadster, Porsche Boxster.
- Power: 3.0L twin-turbocharged 6-cylinder 335-hp /332 lb-ft (overboost allows 369 lb-ft).
- Transmission: 7-speed Double-Clutch automatic.
- Performance: 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds; top speed of 155 mph.
- Availability: Spring 2010.
- Pricing: TBA.
While BMW won’t be doing a Z4M anytime soon, it has satisfied the speed demon in us (that loves roadsters) with the new 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is. The 3.0L inline-6 twin-turbocharged engine features increased air intake flow and increased boost pressure to release more power. With the combination of twin low-mass turbochargers and High Precision direct injection, output is increased to 335-hp with a peak torque of 332 lb-ft available from 1,500 rpm to 4,500 rpm.
With an electronically-controlled overboost function, torque is increased by another 37 lb-ft. That allows for a 0-60 mph time of 4.7 seconds, compared to the Z4 sDrive35′s time of 5.1 seconds.
We’re not sure what BMW will price the Z4 sDrive35is at, but if a 0-60 mph difference of .4 seconds makes any difference to your life, get ready to pay a couple thousand over $51,900.
Make the leap for the high-res image gallery.
2010 Detroit: 2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is:
All Photos Copyright © 2010 Stephen Calogera ““ egmCarTech.
2011 BMW Z4 sDrive35is:
- By: Stephen Calogera