Along with a new 305-hp 3.7L V6 for the 2011 Mustang, Ford announced that its new pony sports car will get a Performance Package that will improve handling and braking along with unique 19-inch wheels wrapped in Pirelli performance tires.
2011 Mustang Performance Package Includes:
– A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
– Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
– Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
– Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
– Unique 19-inch wheels
– Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
– Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
– A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
– Unique electronic stability control calibration with Sport mode for performance driving
– Unique badging
The 2011 Ford Mustang V6 Performance Package will be available to order next summer.
2011 Ford Mustang 3.7L V6:
2011 FORD MUSTANG V-6 PERFORMANCE PACKAGE BOOSTS HANDLING, BRAKING; CAR NOW ROAD-COURSE READY
* All-new 2011 Mustang V-6 joins the ranks of performance-tuned Mustang offerings worldwide; available Performance Package combines lightweight 305-horsepower all-aluminum V-6, a 3:31 performance rear axle and Mustang GT-based suspension and braking components
* Unique 19-inch wheels and Pirelli performance tires provide superb grip and aggressive appearance
* Electronic stability control calibration features Sport mode for high-performance driving and track-oriented events
DEARBORN, Mich., Nov. 30, 2009 ““ Around the globe, Ford”s performance-tuned cars are known to provide an uncompromised driving experience in a remarkably civilized package. Growing from that tradition, the new 2011 Ford Mustang V-6 will offer an optional factory-installed Performance Package that combines high-tech horsepower and a taut suspension in a package that will appeal to track-day fans and sports car aficionados alike.
Powered by the same 305-horsepower all-aluminum Ti-VCT V-6 as the new 2011 Mustang, the Performance Package takes advantage of the new engine”s lightweight and high-revving nature to deliver a nimble performance car equally at home on a road course or a road trip.
“The new Performance Package delivers on fast, fun and affordable, combining the all-new 2011 V-6 with Mustang GT prowess,” said Dave Pericak, Mustang chief nameplate engineer. “It”s a true sports car for the new generation and a smart choice for the environmentally-conscious enthusiast. It is a perfect marriage of power, performance and value.”
Borrowing from the Mustang GT, the Performance Package includes numerous suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades to deliver unparalleled handling performance. That road-holding is helped by a near-equal front/rear weight distribution, providing exceptional transient response along with the car”s slimmed-down curb weight of less than 3,500 pounds.
The 2011 Mustang V-6 Performance Package will be available beginning late next summer, built at the Auto Alliance International Plant in Flat Rock, Mich. The new 3.7-liter V-6 will be built at Ford”s retooled Cleveland Engine Plant No. 1.
– By: Omar Rana