– Key Competitor: BMW 1-Series; Audi A3; Mini Cooper.
– Engines: Range consists of four diesel engines and five gasoline engines.
– Gasoline engines: T5 (2.5L) 230-hp – 27 mpg; 2.4i 170-hp – 28 mpg; 2.0 145-hp – 32 mpg; 2.0F (Flexifuel) 145-hp – 30 mpg 1.6L 100-hp – 34 mpg.
– Diesel engines: D5 (2.4L) 180-hp – 38 mpg; 2.0D 136-hp – 41 mpg; 1.6D DRIVe 109 hp – 52 mpg; 1.6D DRIVe start/stop 109 hp – 60 mpg.
– Transmissions: 6-speed manual gearbox is available for the T5 engine, D5 and 2.0D; 5-speed automatic transmission with Geartronic is available for the five-cylinder gasoline and diesel engines; 6-speed Powershift automatic is available for the 2.0D and 2.0 gasoline engines.
The 2010 Volvo C30 is sure to turn some heads here in Frankfurt with a new front fascia that is inspired by the S60 Concept. We have to give two-thumbs up to the model’s first ever total redesign and for the fuel-efficient powertrain lineup.
The only bone we have to pick with the C30 is that it is available in, 13 different exterior body colors, 11 different drivelines (manual/automatic transmission included), 11 different aluminum wheels, 27 upholstery choices and a whole bunch of other options, making 2,561,328 possible combinations. There’s just too much to choose from.
2009 Frankfurt Motor Show: 2010 Volvo C30:
2010 Volvo C30:
– By: Kap Shah