– Key Competitors: Upcoming Audi Q3.
– Engines: 177-hp diesel X1 xDrive20d; 204-hp diesel X1 xDrive23d; the U.S. will only get the X1 xDrive28i powered by a 3.0L 6-cylinder making 258-hp.
– Transmission: 6-speed automatic.
– Performance: The X1 xDrive28i goes from 0 to 62 mph in 6.8 seconds with a top speed of 127 mph.
– Fuel-Economy: 25 mpg combined for the X1 xDrive28i.
– Pricing and Availability: Pricing has yet to be announced. Sales begin 2011 in the United States.
The production 2011 BMW X1 has made its debut at the 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show. The smaller sibling to the X3 will arrive in the United States in 2011 and will be offered only with a 3.0L 6-cylinder making 258-hp and a peak torque of 228 lb-ft. 0 to 62 mph comes in 6.8 seconds, while fuel-economy is estimated at 25 mpg combined.
Follow the jump for the high-res image gallery.
2009 Frankfurt: 2011 BMW X1:
2011 BMW X1:
– By: Omar Rana