It seems just like yesterday that the Nissan GT-R was revealed. Just to put it into perspective, the car made its stateside debut at the 2007 LA Auto Show and next week is the 2008 LA Auto Show. Either way, believe it or not it’s time for an upgrade.
Known as the Series II Nissan GT-R R35, the car will debut as a 2009 model year with:
– Engine output up 5-hp to 478-hp
– White body colour changed from paint code QX1 to QAB (Storm White)
– Brembo brake calipers rebadged to Nissan
– Front License plate base removed (JDM falls into line with the USDM here)
– Gas tank size expanded, 71 liters – 73.8 litres
– Slightly tweaked fuel economy 8.2 km/L to 8.5 km/L
– Another 5% price increase
The Series II will first take over the JDM market followed but other markets around the world once the inventory has been depleted.
Source: GT-R Blog