Ford today announced the Harley-Davidson and Cabela edition for its Ford F-Series Super Duty pickups. All Ford Super Duty trim levels, XL, XLT, FX4 and Lariat come with new standard features including air conditioning, Securilock, and manual trailer tow mirrors. The XLT now offers heated trailer tow mirrors, privacy glass, trailer brake controller and remote keyless entry as standard features. The 2009 FX4 adds PowerScope, power-telescoping mirrors, power seats, captain’s chair and SIRIUS as standard. The range topping Lariat adds the FX4 standard features plus a rear-view camera system, power sliding rear window, heated seats, SYNC, Bluetooth and other features.
The Cabela package, designed for the outdoor enthusiast, offers a two-tone paint scheme in five colors, custom mud flaps and Cabela badging. The interior features seats with Cabela’s logo, center stack finished in Paldeo wood, all-weather floor mats and additional lockable storage in the front console and underneath the rear seats.
The Harley-Davidson package is designed for the F-450 and offers a blue-flame paint scheme, custom perforated black leather wrapped seats, blue leather door panels and center console cover and Harley-Davidson badges.
Click through for the press release and high-res images.
Ford F-Series Super Duty Harley Davidson and Cabela Edition:
F-SERIES SUPER DUTY ADDS NEW HARLEY-DAVIDSON AND CABELA”S EDITION PICKUPS
– Ford F-Series Super Duty, America’s most capable work truck, adds new Harley-Davidson™ and Cabela’s edition pickups and more standard capability for 2009 including an integrated trailer brake controller and trailer tow mirrors on select models.
– Ford Work Solutions is a collection of industry-first, affordable technologies available on 2009 F-Series Super Duty XL, XLT and FX4 trucks that will provide customers connectivity, flexibility and security to better run key aspects of their business ““ from their Ford Truck, even on the job site.
– New ‘Built Ford Tough’ factory-applied spray-in bedliner, available on 2009 F-Series Super Duty pickups, delivers exceptional weather resistance and protection against gouging, scratching, cracking and chipping.
DALLAS, Texas, Sept. 25, 2008 ““ The 2009 F-Series Super Duty line of trucks, the industry’s most capable full-size heavy-duty work trucks, come equipped with even more capability, thanks to new standard features and offers even more choice with two new packages ““ a Cabela’s FX4 for the outdoor enthusiast and for the first time, a Harley-Davidson™ F-450 pickup.
All four Super Duty trim levels, XL, XLT, FX4, and Lariat, come with new standard features. The XL, the no frills workhorse version, now comes standard with air conditioning, Securilock, and manual trailer tow mirrors. The XLT, a step up from the XL, now has power heated trailer tow mirrors, privacy glass, integrated trailer brake controller, remote keyless entry and Securilock as standard features.
For 2009 the FX4 adds standard PowerScope™ integrated power-fold, power-telescoping mirrors, power seats, privacy glass, integrated trailer brake controller, captain’s chairs, and SIRIUS satellite radio. The most luxurious of the Super Duty line-up is the Lariat. The Lariat adds all of the new FX4 standard content as well as the reverse camera system, a power sliding rear window, heated seats, molded running boards, and SYNC, Ford’s industry-exclusive, voice-activated hands-free communications and entertainment system.
New Smart Technolgies
Ford is further expanding its ‘smart’ features for truck customers by making new technologies that make getting staying connected and getting the job done easier.
– SYNC is Ford’s industry-exclusive, voice-activated hands-free communications and entertainment system that fully integrates mobile phones and most media players into the vehicle using Bluetooth technology and USB connectivity.
– Voice-Activated Navigation System with SIRIUS Travel Link™ offers a host of convenient features including more than 150 hours of music storage. Users can browse the music juke box via touch-screen or by using voice recognition. The system also integrates the climate control and SIRIUS satellite radio into one easy-to-use, smudge-resistant, 8-inch touch-screen display.
– Ford Work Solutions, a collection of industry-exclusive technologies for F-Series trucks and commercial E-Series vans will help make business owners more productive and successful. Four industry-exclusive innovations include:
– An in-dash computer developed with Magneti Marelli and powered by Microsoft Auto that provides full high-speed Internet access via the Sprint Mobile Broadband Network and navigation by Garmin. It’s the first broadband-capable in-dash computer in production and features available wireless accessories including a mouse and printer. This system allows customers to print invoices and access documents stored on their home or office computer networks ““ right on the job site.
– Tool Link, a Radio-Frequency Identification (RFID) asset tracking system developed with DEWALT, the industry leader in professional power tools, and ThingMagic, the industry expert on embedded RFID technology. This enables customers to maintain a detailed real-time inventory of the tools or equipment stored in the vehicle.
– Crew Chief, a fleet telematics and diagnostics system, which allows small fleet owners to efficiently manage their vehicles, quickly dispatch workers to job sites and keep detailed vehicle maintenance records.
– Cable Lock security system developed in partnership with Master Lock®, the industry-leading lock manufacturer, to secure large tools or equipment in the cargo area of E-Series vans and wagons.
All four Ford Work Solutions technologies also will be available this fall on the new 2009 Ford F-150 XL, STX, XLT and FX4 trucks and E-Series vans. Transit Connect vans join the lineup in mid-2009.
Ford is expanding its relationship with Cabela’s, the world’s largest outdoor outfitter, by offering a new Cabela’s FX4 package for 2009. According to customer data, seventy-six percent of F-Series buyers hunt and fish and a key way for Ford to connect with those outdoor enthusiasts is as the official truck of Cabela”s for the last six years with products prominently placed at stores nationwide and featured in Cabela”s publications and TV programming. The Cabela’s FX4 package features a unique two-tone paint scheme in five colors: Ebony, Oxford White, Forest Green Metallic, Royal Red Metallic and Silver Metallic with Sterling Grey Metallic lower body accents, running boards and wheel lip moldings. Custom mud flaps and unique Cabela’s badging finish off the exterior.
The interior features standard cloth seats with the Cabela’s logo or available Aniline leather seats with a unique two-tone embossed grain pattern. The center stack is finished with a dark Paldeo wood appliquÃ©. All weather floor mats also wear the Cabela’s logo. And for the avid outdoor enthusiast, additional lockable storage in the front console and underneath the rear seats is perfect for keeping equipment secure and out of sight.
Ford and Harley-Davidson team up again for a new Harley-Davidson™ F-450, the “Big Hog Daddy” of the road. As with the still available F-250/350 SRW models, each individually numbered Harley-Davidson™ F-450 features a unique blue-flame paint scheme that starts at the side vents and runs down to the box side of the truck. The flame design scheme is carried through to the interior gauges in the instrument panel. The custom perforated black leather wrapped seats, door panels and center console cover reveal blue leather underneath giving the same blue-flame effect as the exterior. Harley-Davidson™ badges are present on the fenders and tailgate, along with “Harley-Davidson” script located on the box side.
Ford is offering Tough Bed, a unique, military-grade, factory-installed, spray-in bed liner for the first time on the 2009 F-Series Super Duty.
“Tough Bed is a smart solution for Ford Super Duty customers who want to better protect their most important asset ““ the pickup box,” said Tom Aubrey, Ford F-Series Super Duty marketing manager. “Like the entire truck, Tough Bed stands up to the most stringent durability standards including those required by the U.S. Military ““ that definitely makes it ‘Built Ford Tough.’.”
According to the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA), installation of spray-in bedliners grew from 27 percent in 2004 to nearly 34 percent of all pickup trucks in 2006, and will continue to grow at a steady rate to nearly 40 percent in 2008.
Developed in partnership with PPG Industries, Tough Bed exceeds the standards of today’s typical aftermarket spray-in bedliner solutions. This military-grade coating has been through the government’s toughest blast mitigation testing to determine whether the material can with stand the force of a bomb blast. It has performed equal to or better than other protective coating systems at one-third the thickness.
The polyol-based elastomeric film and isocyanate hardener are applied to the pickup box by a precision, high-pressure, automated sprayer to ensure one smooth, even coat at a very low film thickness unlike the traditional hand-spray application of aftermarket bed liners.
The finer application ensures that the bedliner materials won’t run or sag on the inside walls of the box in addition minimizing unnecessary weight. Tough Bed does not compromise Super Duty’s class-leading cargo capacity or the installation of aftermarket assets such as tool boxes, tonneau covers and truck caps. The uniformly textured surface also helps minimize load slippage while delivering an exceptionally clean appearance.
The special bedliner material formula is immune to the effects of ultraviolet radiation and will not fade or chalk. It also protects against physical damage to the pickup box such as gouging, scratching, cracking and chipping. It is covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile factory limited warranty.
All F-Series Super Duty models are built at Ford’s Kentucky Truck Plant in Louisville, Ky.