The Acura TL has not seen a redesign since its debut in 2005. Well, according to a posting on Temple of VTEC, Acura could be getting ready to unveil the new redesigned 2009 Acura TL at the 2008 Chicago Auto Show next week. Rumor has it that when the 2009 Acura TSX goes on sale on April 24th, the RL will follow within the same timeframe.
The guys at Temple of VTEC also intercepted what seems to be an official fact sheet of the 2009 RL from Acura.
This MOVE allocation will include March production with March arrival of the 2008 TL, 2008 RDX and 2008 MDX and March production with April arrival of 2009 TSX and 2009 RL models.
Designed and engineered to reaffirm its place as a desirable and affordable entry point for the Acura sedan range, the all-new redesigned second-generation 2009 TSX will be offered in two different packages
· The standard model will be similar to RDX”s and 08MY TSX”s standard features with new luxury amenities and audio capabilities that all contribute to the new TSX”s added appeal.
The technology package is similar to the RDX”s technology packaging and will continue to “Advance” the image of Acura. The Technology Package includes:
· Acura Navigation System with Voice Recognition with new functionality
· AcuraLink Satellite Communication System
· Acura/ELS Surround Premium 10 Speaker Sound System
The substantial redesign of the 2009 Acura RL combines added performance, improved technology, more aggressive exterior styling and even greater safety to a top-tier luxury performance sedan.
Three packages will continue to be offered:
· Improvements include better functionality for the HVAC, HandsFreeLink and audio system
· The Technology model will be similar to the 08MY RL with new luxury amenities. The Technology Package will continue to “Advance” the image of Acura by adding more functionality to the Acura Navigation System.
MBS will be available as a stand-alone option.
Guess we’ll have to wait and find out next week if this is for real.
Source: Temple of VTEC
[tags]Cars, Car, Auto, Automobile, Vehicles, Technology, Auto News, News, Automotive, Acura[/tags]