GM unveiled the new Chevrolet HD Crew Z71 ‘Big Red’ Silverado at the 2007 SEMA Show. The truck is inspired by Dale Earnhardt Jr’s ‘Big Red’ Silverado that was revealed at the 2006 SEMA.
Combining loads of GM Accessories, the Chevrolet HD Crew Z71 ‘Big Red’ gets a lifted ride height, Rancho shocks, Ballistic nylon seat material, Z71 grille and bumper, Z71 badging, Earnhardt Red exterior color, chrome door and tow hooks, light bar integrated in GMA box rail, HD billet grille and a portable DVD player.
The Chevrolet HD Crew Z71 ‘Big Red’ is powered by a 6.6 liter Duramax turbo-diesel V8 engine mated with a six-speed Allison transmission.
Click through for the live images and press release.
Chevrolet HD Crew Z71 ‘Big Red’ Silverado Gallery:
CHEVROLET HD CREW Z71 ‘BIG RED’
Taking cues from Dale Earnhardt Jr.’s “Big Red” Silverado that debuted at SEMA in 2006, the ’08 Silverado HD Crew Z71 Big Red demonstrates how that expressive concept’s unique features would look with production-type components. It combines numerous GM Accessories inspired by Earnhardt’s Big Red and features additional custom touches. It also supposes the popular Z71 off-road package on the Silverado 2500HD ““ a model not offered by the factory. It’s powered by the 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel V-8 and a six-speed Allison transmission.
* Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4×4
* Z71 grille and bumper; underbody protection
* Z71 badging on floor mats, sill plates and instrument cluster
* 6.6L Duramax diesel with Allison six-speed automatic transmission
* “Earnhardt Red” exterior color
* Lifted ride height
* Rancho shocks
* Ballistic nylon seat material
GM Accessories features (production and concept):
* 20 x 35-inch wheel-and-tire package (concept)
* Box storage management system
* Portable DVD player system
* Integrated loading ramp running boards
* Chrome door and tow hooks
* Light bar integrated in GMA box rail
* Fuel door (concept)
* Bed rug
* Two-way remote start
* HD billet grille
* Hood louvers
* Rear wheelhouse liners
[tags]Cars, Car, Auto, Automobile, Vehicles, Technology, Auto News, News, Automotive, GM, Chevrolet[/tags]