According to the National Insurance Crime Bureau, every 25.5 seconds, a car is stolen in the US. Car theft is the costliest property crime in America, costing more than $8.6 billion annually. So you must be wondering what is the number 1 most stolen car in the United States? Well it’s Caddy’s big daddy, the Cadillac Escalade EXT. While the new revamped Escalade is growing in sales, with sales up 36 percent in the first-quarter, the Escalade’s popularity is also being measured by its theft loss rate with 1,728 stolen.
The second most stolen vehicle in the US is the BMW 7-Seires. Check out the list of the ‘Top 7 Luxury cars that are most likely to be stolen’ below.
Top 7 Luxury cars that are most likely to be stolen Gallery:
Top 7 Luxury cars that are most likely to be stolen:
1. Cadillac Escalade EXT: Theft loss rate – 1,728 ($55,045)
2. BMW 7-Series: Theft loss rate – 431 ($78,900)
3 (tie). Land Rover Range Rover SUV: Theft loss rate – 351 ($77,250)
3 (tie). Lincoln Navigator: Theft loss rate – 351 ($46,575)
4. Lexus GS Sedan: Theft loss rate – 243 ($44,150)
5. Mercedes-Benz S-Class: Theft loss rate – 227 ($86,535)
6. Mercedes-Benz SL-Class: Theft loss rate – 209 ($95,575)