Ford today announced pricing for the new 2008 Ford Taurus. Starting at suggest retail price (MSRP) of $23,996 the 2008 Ford Taurus has a 3.5-liter V-6 engine which produces 260 horsepower. The car is mated with a six-speed automatic transmission as the new Ford Edge. The new Taurus also delivers the best all-wheel drive value in its segment, with base prices starting at $25,845. The 2008 Ford Taurus will be available this summer nationwide.
2008 Ford Taurus Gallery (click thumbnails to enlarge images):
* New 2008 Ford Taurus, available this summer, starts under $24,000.
* Taurus costs thousands less than comparably equipped Toyota Avalon and Chrysler 300.
* The most powerful, refined, safest and roomiest Ford Taurus ever features a bold new design. All-wheel drive is now available for the first time on Taurus.
* New Taurus follows the same product and pricing strategy that has seen the 3-year resale values of new Ford products improve by as much as 11 percentage points.
DEARBORN , Mich., April 3, 2007 ““ The new 2008 Ford Taurus ““ the most powerful, refined, roomiest and safest Taurus ever ““ will have a base manufacturer”s suggested retail price (MSRP) of $23,995, including destination and delivery. Comparably equipped, Ford”s iconic family sedan will be priced thousands of dollars less than sedans like the Toyota Avalon and the Chrysler 300.
Nearly 7 million Ford Taurus sedans have been built since 1985, and it remains one of the most recognized Ford vehicle names of all time ““ trailing only the Ford F-Series and Mustang.
The new Ford Taurus has a distinctive looked inspired by the highly successful Ford Fusion and Ford Edge. It adopts Ford”s powerful and refined 3.5-liter V-6 engine and six-speed automatic transmission, and features some of Ford”s most advanced safety technology ““ including standard Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags. The new Taurus already has earned five-star ratings in all categories in crash testing conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
“The overall impression the new Ford Taurus makes ““ inside and out ““ is upscale. But it will deliver great value, just like the original,” said Cisco Codina, group vice president, Marketing, Sales and Service. “The new Taurus goes to the heart of how we are approaching the future of this great company and this great brand. Build more of the products that people really want ““ products with more striking designs and even better value.”
The 2008 Ford Taurus is available in two trim series: Taurus SEL and Taurus Limited. The 2008 Ford Taurus SEL starts at $23,995 (MSRP), including $750 destination and delivery.
A 2008 Ford Taurus SEL equipped with the optional Interior Convenience Package (including a 6-disc CD changer, dual-zone electronic automatic temperature control, wiper-activated headlamps with auto on/off, 8-way power driver”s seat and wood grain appearance) is priced at $24,890 ““ a compelling value compared with comparably equipped Toyota Avalon XL ($27,495) and Chrysler 300 Touring ($29,635) models.
The new Taurus also delivers the best all-wheel drive value in its segment, with base prices starting at $25,845. The only other vehicle in its competitive set to offer all-wheel drive is Chrysler 300 ““ beginning at $30,250.
The pricing of the 2008 Ford Taurus continues a strategy Ford has been following with each new vehicle launch: offer bold designs with new features and more standard safety equipment at very competitive prices to create long-term value for consumers.
According to Automotive Leasing Guide (ALG) data, this approach has sharply improved the resale value of Ford products at launch. For example, the projected 36-month resale value of the new Ford F-Series Super Duty is the highest of any full-size pickup truck. The resale value of the 2008 Ford Escape improved 11 percentage points and the resale value of the 2007 Ford Expedition improved by 9 percentage points.
Standard content on the 2008 Ford Taurus includes:
* 3.5-liter Duratec V-6 engine (263 hp and 249 lb.-ft torque)
* Smooth-shifting, fuel-saving 6-speed automatic transmission
* Front-wheel drive
* Personal Safety System
* Driver and front passenger seat side impact air bags
* Safety Canopy™ side curtain air bags
* Tire pressure monitoring system
* Audio input jack for MP3 players
* AM/FM stereo with single CD player
* Traction control
* Integrated key fob
* Fog lamps
* 17-inch 8-spoke aluminum wheels
Available options include:
* AdvanceTrac® electronic stability control
* Wiper-activated headlamps
* All-wheel drive system
* New-generation DVD Family Entertainment System with 8-inch screen
* Voice-activated DVD-based Navigation System
* Wood package
* Ford SYNC™ voice-activated communications and entertainment system (available beginning this Fall)
* 18-inch 7-spoke aluminum wheel
* SIRIUS™ satellite radio
* Power moonroof
* Power adjustable pedals
* Reverse sensing system
* Front row heated seats
The 2008 Ford Taurus is built at Ford”s Chicago Assembly Plant. It will be available for sale this summer. For more detailed product information on the 2008 Ford Taurus, visit http://www.media.ford.com/. Pricing for the 2008 Ford Taurus X crossover, which will arrive in dealers showrooms later in the summer, will be announced closer to launch.