Dodge recently announced to be giving the 2015 Viper some updates, the biggest being the addition of the TA 2.0 and GTS models, which join the SRT and GT trims for the line.
Prices for the Viper start overall for the base SRT model at $84,995, while the second level up starts at $94,995. The new TA 2.0 model is priced at $101,995 while the top-spec GTS rings the invoice in at $107,995.
The TA 2.0 is the serious performance-geared model with an aggressive Aero Package with better aerodynamics, redesigned 18- and 19-inch matte black wheel choices, and a dual-mode suspension. Other upgrades include a five-mode stability system, sticky Pirelli P Zero Corsa rubber, and high-performance Brembo brakes.
The GTS receives more in the way of luxury, like an Alcantara headliner, Laguna leather six-way power seats, 18- or 19-inch Venom aluminum alloy wheels, and more.
Power is still supplied by Dodge’s bonkers 8.4L V10 with 645hp and 600 lb-ft of twist, mated to a six-speed manual.
Check out the press blast below.
DODGE VIPER GTS AND TA 2.0 SPECIAL EDITION NOW AVAILABLE FOR CUSTOMER “SOLD ORDERS” WITH NEW PRICING AND MORE CONTENT
- Dodge Viper sales up 26 percent year-to-date since Dodge repositioned the hand-built exotic in September and reduced the starting price $15,000
- 2015 Dodge Viper’s starting U.S. Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is $84,995 (all prices exclude gas guzzler tax and destination)
- New 2015.5 Viper GTS and TA 2.0 models now available for sold customer orders
- Track-ready Viper TA 2.0 Special Edition builds on success of TA model; U.S. MSRP starts at $101,995 and adds high-performance Aero Package, competition rear spoiler and front lower dive planes for increased downforce and improved handling on the track
- U.S. MSRP of GTS model starts at $107,995 with newly standard Laguna leather seats, Alcantara headliner and Harman Kardon 18-speaker sound system
- The Dodge Viper was first introduced in 1992 with a starting U.S. MSRP of $50,700. Adjusted for inflation, the equivalent in today’s dollars would be $86,130, making the 2015 model year Viper competitively priced to the first generation Viper, as calculated by Kelley Blue Book
- New for 2015, the Viper’s refined 8.4-liter V-10 engine and Tremec six-speed manual transmission delivers 645 horsepower and up to 20 miles per gallon on the highway
- Employees at Conner (Ave.) Assembly Plant in Detroit now hand-building 2015 model-year Vipers, which will start arriving in dealer showrooms in the first quarter of 2015
November 26, 2014 , Auburn Hills, Mich. – Dodge Viper sales have been on a run since the brand repositioned the limited-production hand-built super car in September, and Dodge is building on the momentum, opening the system for dealers to place sold customer orders of the newly equipped 2015.5 Dodge Viper GTS and TA 2.0 Special Edition, which join the SRT and GT models in the Viper lineup.
“The jump in Viper’s September sales after we announced the new $84,995 starting price showed that the overall repositioning to competitively price Viper with the first 1992 model was on target. But that was just the start,” said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO, Dodge and SRT. “Today, we’re expanding the Viper lineup by offering the track ready Viper TA 2.0 and GTS models with even more content. This limited-production hand-built super car is the flagship of the Dodge brand, and we will continue to show our commitment to its future.”
Reaching back into its 100-year history, Dodge is using the formula that successfully launched the original 1992 Dodge Viper, but with even more power, refinement and craftsmanship. Adjusting for inflation, the 2015 model year Viper is priced competitively to the first generation Viper, as calculated by Kelley Blue Book. When Viper was first introduced, the U.S. MSRP was $50,700, which equates to $86,130 in today’s dollars. In addition to the lower starting price, the hand-built American exotic now delivers an increased 645 horsepower and gets up to 20 miles per gallon.
Now, in addition to the SRT and GT models, customers can order the 2015.5 Viper TA 2.0 Special Edition and GTS models, both of which feature more standard content compared with the 2014 models they replace.
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $84,995, the 2015 Dodge Viper SRT features new accent stitching on the seats and instrument panel, Alcantara accents on the doors and instrument panel and ‘Viper’ badged aluminum sill plates. All Vipers are powered by the legendary 8.4-liter aluminum V-10, with 645 horsepower and 640 lb.-ft. of torque paired with a Tremec six-speed manual transmission, 18/19-inch polished Rattler wheels, four-wheel Brembo brakes, electronic stability control (ESC), dual side exhausts, HID automatic headlamps, LED daytime running lamps, LED taillamps. On the inside, the Viper features a 7-inch reconfigurable driver information display, 8.4-inch Uconnect Touch multimedia center with Parkview rear back-up camera, 3-D navigation with Sirius XM and Travel Link, SRT Performance Pages, launch control, 12-Speaker Harman Kardon audio system, three-spoke flat-bottom steering wheel, Keyless Enter ‘N Go, push-button start and power adjustable pedals
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $94,995, the new for 2015 Viper GT model features Nappa leather seats with Alcantara inserts, Alcantara accents on the doors and IP, ‘Viper’ badged aluminum sill plates, two-mode sport suspension, five-mode ESC, ‘GTS’ hood, two-piece StopTech slotted rotors, red Brembo brake calipers and power six-way driver seat
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $101,995, the TA 2.0 Special Edition features a high-performance Aero Package, competition rear spoiler and front lower dive planes for increased downforce and improved handling on the track, two-piece Brembo Rotors, 18/19-inch Matte Black Sidewinder Wheels, Pirelli P Zero Corsa Tires, dual-mode suspension, five-mode ESC, black Brembo brakes with orange lettering, performance brake pads, carbon fiber structural X-Brace, rear carbon fiber applique, TA front splitter, TA aero wing assembly kit, TA front decal, TA sill decal, interior accent stitching and car cover
- With a starting U.S. MSRP of $107,995, the 2015 Dodge Viper GTS features many of the customer preferred “options,” now as standard content, such as Laguna leather seats, Alcantara headliner and Harman Kardon 18-speaker sound system, as well as a Nappa leather IP, console and doors, 18/19-inch polished aluminum Venom wheels, power six-way driver and passenger seats, unique GTS badging. Also, for a new level of exclusivity, introducing the GTS Ceramic Blue Special Edition with Ceramic Blue exterior color, Black stripes, orange brake calipers, rear carbon fiber applique, and GTS gloss black badging
- High-impact Y’Orange and Stryker Orange exterior colors will start arriving at dealers in early 2015
Production of 2015 model year Vipers began at the Conner Avenue Assembly Plant in Detroit in November. 2015 model year Vipers will start arriving in dealerships in the first quarter of 2015.
Audi recently announced plans to offer the TT in a new body style with the arrival of the new third generation mode. Rumors in the past as well as a concept suggested it to be a crossover variant and according to AutoCar, these rumors are holding to be true.
The outlet spoke to Audi at the LA Auto Show last week after having a word with Audi’s technical chief, Ulrich Hackenberg. There, he said the TT offroad, allroad shooting brake, and TT Sportback Concepts are being considered and ultimately, their market research found a crossover variant to make the most sense as a business case.
The new TT is said to go on sale by next year.
Nissan is on the verge of revealing a new Titan full-size pickup just as the American Big Three begin their pickup overhauls. And to remind us, Nissan teased the new Titan in a quick video.
From what we know, Nissan is building up some serious hype for the Titan, which in its current form, has been with us since 2003. For instance, Nissan revealed to be serving up a new potent 5.0L diesel V8 from Cummins as an option for power, to cater to the lovers of diesel full-size pickups. Additionally, the Titan is rumored to be offered in a wider array of forms than before along with a standard V6 engine option.
Check out the video teaser plus a press release after the jump.
Alfa Romeo is officially back in North America, starting with the 4C and next, we’re expecting to get their all new Giulia midsize sedan to continue Alfa’s plan to once again become popular in America.
According to AutomotiveNews Europe, who spoke with Alfa Romeo’s brand chief, Harald Wester, the second model is indeed this new sedan, which is due in June next year.
The Giulia name might be familiar, not just from Alfa’s history, but a few years back, there was a new Giulia concept, hinting at a new rear-wheel drive sedan to compete against both the BMW 3-Series and 5-Series–a tactic used successfully by Cadillac at the CTS. Alfa’s future larger sedan, would do similarly by competing against both the 5-Series and the 7-Series.
These two sedans are part of Alfa’s new eight-model plan over the next four years as Fiat places intense sales goals for Alfa.
Source: AutomotiveNews Europe
AutoExpress reports that the Volkswagen GTI could gain a 10-speed DSG automatic, after speaking to a “good authority” source within the company. It would replace the current model’s seven-speed DSG, but the seven-speed will remain for lesser versions of Golf.
The 10-speed is being designed for the GTI, the GTD and the Golf R and is expected to surface sometime in 2017. After debuting in the Golf, it could find its way into other Volkswagen Group models based on their latest MQB platform, much like the seven-speed unit sees widespread use.
Volkswagen supposedly said the new cog swapper is designed to handle up to 405 lb-ft of torque, so this means the 10-speed DSG’s application has the potential to go far and wide.
BMW is rumored to be preparing a sportier version of the i8 and it’s supposedly called the i8S. And in a recent report, more details surfaced about this alleged i8S.
According to CAR Magazine, the i8S is codenamed internally in BMW as Project M100, hinting at the fact that this could be the rumored mid-engined sports car due to surface in order to commemorate BMW’s 100th anniversary in 2016. Prior to this report, Automobile first reported about the i8S not too long ago, who also learned the i8S is due for BMW’s centenary celebration. There, they disclosed the i8S should have multiple power options, one of which could exceed 500hp.
Now, CAR also learned the i8S will be a “send-off” statement for BMW’s current chairman, Norbert Reithofer, in addition to being a BMW birthday gift. Reithofer is expected to retire in 2016 or 2017.
Other details include a more integrated carbon fiber and aluminum tub chassis, more advanced materials, and more aggressive suspension, brake, and steering tuning.
Power should be supplied by either a 2.0L twin-turbo four-banger with 320hp and a 204hp electric motor or a 3.0L twin-turbo straight-six with 480hp and an electric motor with 109hp. Both are said to be under consideration by BMW, according to CAR.
The LA Auto Show might be over, but it’s just the start of auto show season and next up is the world-famous and North America’s most prominent exposition, the Detroit Auto Show. That said, despite the holidays, we still have our work cut out for us for the next several months and beyond, and it all starts with these two major shows.
So, as a result, Mercedes-Benz just confirmed to be introducing their first AMG Sport models at Detroit next year, just as we jump off the tips of LA Auto Show.
As a refresher, these AMG Sport models are essentially AMG-wannabe models, where they are “close, but no cigar.” In other words, they come decked out with sport appointments like AMG bodykits, wheels, interior and exterior trimmings and accessories, some more power perhaps, and lots of AMG badges, all just short of full-fledged AMG models. They’re the poor man’s AMG models. But being Mercedes-Benzes, they’re hardly for the poor man at all.
AutoExpress was able to sit down with Audi at the LA Auto Show last week and there, they learned Audi is planning a new EV sedan to rival the Tesla Model S.
After speaking with Audi’s technical development head, Ulrich Hackenberg, word is the new EV should offer a 280-mile range on a full charge and should be ready to be sold to the public in 2017.
Hackenberg didn’t specify what kind of car it could be, but speculation points to a sedan since it is Tesla’s most successful model to date.
Audi’s been relentlessly working on EV and hybrid projects and this report, along with concepts from recent times, like the R8 E-Tron, emphasize this. Speaking of which, this new EV model is expected to utilize technology from the R8 E-Tron, which was able to have its range doubled to 281 miles after advancements in battery technology.
WardsAuto seems to have heard through the grapevine that Lexus could be revealing a new RX replacement at Detroit in just a month, after speaking with Lexus’ Group Vice President, Jeff Bracken. But the RX might not be the only new model to show as Bracken did say at least one, possible two, models could be introduced.
Bracken himself didn’t say it could be an RX, but WardsAuto is willing to wager that the new RX is it because it’s one of the oldest models in Lexus’ lineup and thus, is due for a replacement. There’s really not much to bolster this possibility, especially when there isn’t much in the way of spy photos to suggest an impending arrival. But it’s not entirely impossible either.
The other reveal is also as much of a mystery, though some pitch the possibility of it being the long-awaited and rumored GS F to take on the BMW M5 and the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. That, unlike the RX, has been spotted being tested in various parts and was almost completely undisguised when last seen. So Lexus could definitely be preparing for that.
Either way, Lexus is preparing to have a big presence at Detroit and we can hardly wait to see what they have in store.
Lexus had a pretty big moment revealing the LF-C2 Concept at the LA Auto Show last week, which pitched at a successor to the IS Convertible and a variant to the RC Coupe, to ensure Lexus has its aim tightly set on rivals like the BMW 4-Series.
Click here for our original post on the Lexus LF-C2 Concept.
But now, according to MotorTrend, the production LF-C2 has been axed in favor of a new three-row crossover. Originally, the LF-C2 was approved for production after having the three-row crossover idea axed. This apparently upset dealers around the country since it contradicted heavy customer demand. Due to this uproar, Lexus decided to switch it back up by cancelling the LF-C2 to make the three-row crossover instead.
Not much is known about said crossover, but previous rumors suggested the RX could grow in size to accommodate a third row. Whoever, nothing’s officially been confirmed.